Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June 27 - A new way of life

It's been 7 days since I came home.  I am doing well with: changing the dressing on my foot, taking care of the IV 3 times per day, testing my blood sugar and injecting myself with insulin. I was right on target with my sugar levels thanks to the new diet but when I saw my Primary Physician (the one I prayed would accept me as a patient - Dr. Diane Chiromeras), she was concerned that my sugar values need to be raised.  Bottom line - she cut the amount of insulin to accomplish that.  When I see her on July 8 if I am doing well enough - they might remove me from the insulin altogether and I would take pills.  This would make the cost go from $800 per. month for insulin and testing supplies to about $12.00 for the pills.  GREAT!

Dr. Chiromeras was so happy with the way my foot looks she said Dr. Vaughn might take the stitches out tomorrow. (It's my birthday - but if you happen to use FACEBOOK don't mention it on there.)  Pastor Brett will take me tomorrow since the Dr. knows him well from all the times he was at the hospital with me. (My pastor is so awesome).

Being a part of Shiloh Community Fellowship is amazing.  They have been pouring out their love for me in so many ways.  What a testimony.  They are providing rides to all my appointments.  The ladies from the church are bringing lunch meals to me and extra groceries. I am so blessed.  Today I got lunch and dinner (plus extras).

Not working during this years sabbatical had me concerned but, I am convinced that GOD is going to provide for everything. Pastor Brett has my "want list", "needs" and is the best source if you are curious about how you can help. 717-314-9767.

I should be able to walk on my foot by the end of July and have my special shoe a month later.  Pray that we find a good transition shoe.  Dave Mumma (my old roommate is Ephrata is in that business so they will help me select something).

Blessings to all of you.  My NEW "snail mail address is: 2 Parkwood Dr., Lancaster, PA 17604. Facebook friends ~ sorry I haven't been around.  We don't have internet at home and my 3G signal on the IPAD is too weak to use that but, LORD willing funds will come in to help me have that installed.  My host: (Andrew) has agreed to get it hooked up and trust GOD that the funds will come in so I can continue to communicate with folks around the world.  GOD bless you all. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment