Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Week of GOOD News

   It's been a week for GOOD news!  My foot is healing well.  On Tuesday a.m. I went to see Dr. Vaughn for him to see my foot and he was quite pleased with the healing.  So happy about how it looks that he has decided to remove the VAC and we will just go with a regular bandage on it for the final healing which will take place over the next few weeks.  I will be able to do those dressings on my own so that means - no more visiting nurses.  I am grateful for all they did for me and I will miss seeing them.
  Later in the day I went to Denver to the dentist and Dr. Vohler extracted a tooth and put fillings in the remaining three teeth that needed repair.  Now he is finished for a while I think.  I am so thankful for all the work he has done for me.  I am also thankful for Michelle Nolt who introduced me to Dr. Vohler a few years ago when I was needing some help.
   This morning I went to the infection doctor to see how my blood looks now that the IV has been out a few weeks and I am taking a pill to help ward off infection.  That is working well and I should only be on that another three weeks.
   So, next Tuesday I see my family doctor to see how I am doing to with diabetes and I am praying that she will give me a try at just using a pill to control my blood sugar vs. the insulin and pill I am taking daily now.  I will see Dr. Vaughn again on Sept 6 and the infection doctor on Sept 7 - just before my journey to MAINE.  Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment