Thursday, July 7, 2011

GOD will have HIS WAY!

Today my VAC unit alarm went off warning me that there was a leak in the dressing so it couldn't work properly. I reset it but within minutes in sounded again and again. My visiting nurse was coming soon to check on me. When she came she found the leak and fixed it. When I asked what I would do if I was three hours from home at my mom's or in NY for the weekend I have coming up later this month she said I couldn't be doing those things if I have a visiting nurse. Then she explained that I have to be "homebound" to qualify for their services. I told her I was not homebound and didn't want to be homebound. So, she made calls so they could start making the arrangements for outpatient care a three different places. (One for the vac, one for the IV and one for labs .)

This afternoon the visiting nurse called me back to tell me they are going to make an exception and keep me on as a patient for the next three weeks. That is when the IV antibiotics will be finished. Then I am not sure where the VAC will be taken care of. GOD is good. Thanks for your prayers.

Did I tell you how happy I am? I am HAPPY!

1 comment: