Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 1 - 7:30pm - Surgery finished

Dr. Vaughn says I will be here until at least Thursday or Friday. You visits and phone calls are welcome.  To help the foot heal it is going to have a vacuum dressing on it for two months.  I will be able to walk about the same with my shoe that allows me to walk on the heal of my foot.  I was able to get around quite well with it at home and even do the stairs.  I use a cane at times when I feel I need it.  I will be able to bring the vac with me in the car so I can go to church, to WalMart and to visit friends and my mom.  (All in moderation).  If I can maintain my pain without narcotics - I can even drive myself.  Pray for me as I have plans to be in NY for the dedication of the chapel at Camp Joy, Carmel NY on July 23.  I will spend the night there and then speak at Revolution Church, Bronx NY (Hunt's Point), in the morning and share a testimony at Beacon Church, on the other side of the Bronx in the afternoon.  I will spend the night (LORD willing) with friends near Sleepy Hollow, NY and be home early Monday.\
   They will change the vac dressing on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at home.  I will continue to have the IV to take care of for the next two months - three times a day.

How am I doing with all this?

  I had a few rough moments that I have gotten over thanks to some very caring nurses. Your prayers and communication have touched me and helped me.  Have a great holiday weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment